fot

Forwarded Message

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded Message
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:59:20 -0600 (MDT)
Had some troubles with the server a few days ago, finally getting around
to sending out some delayed messages.

mjb.
----

     Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:32:56 -0400
     From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
     Subject: Re: TR3 J Type Overdrive

Charlie,

I don't know much about the swap but I can tell you what I've been
running in my J-Type (TR-6).
I use Amsoil 75W-90 synthetic gear oil.  It is a GL-5 gear lube
but  is MT-1 rated.  Normally you would never put a GL-5 gear oil
in a transmission but because it is MT-1 rated, it is completely
safe.  The performance of the gear box increased as well.  Much
quicker shifts in and out of OD.
Motor oil offers no long range protection for manual
transmissions.  It works fine but you should change it much more
often.

Pat in NC