fot

Proposed new member - seconder needed

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proposed new member - seconder needed
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:02:38 -0000
Noble Friends of this list

I would like to propose an ex-Triumph layabout as a new
member who, unfortunately for the 'muricans, has been
resident in their noble land for rather a long time.
Amazingly and following a recent and most enjoyable meeting
at my home a two weeks ago, I was amazed to learn his
residence there is actually LEGAL. Despite what he may claim
to the contrary, I know for a certain fact that he really
did sneak in from Mexico under cover of darkness. The person
(I couldn't possibly call him a gentleman) is Chris
"Economy" Holbrook who was an STI Apprentice and quite the
most dangerous driver ever nominated on the company's group
insurance ticket. He lives in Michigan (I think) and
probably still has the deepest pockets and shortest arms
when its his 'shout' at the bar.
Chris has two sons who respectively own a TR6 and a
'GT6fire' which seem to be driven rather more sedately than
Chris drives his Stag.
I commend him for considered membership of this august group
of Triumph nuts and I can only conclude this brief
introduction with the words - "God Help America"

Jonmac