fot

Re: Ambro & Peyote Stuff

To: BillB@bnj.com, N197TR4@cs.com, ames@cmn.net
Subject: Re: Ambro & Peyote Stuff
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:00:46 EST
Bill,

I had the same sensation as your friend only I was watching the tape myself
and felt a little sheepish when I realized I yelling all by myself.

Joe

 Robert,

 There is only one Peyote and some great stories that go with the building of

 it. I have wanted to collect some of that information together, in any case.

 Patrick Starr of Minneapolis bought and restored the car. He then sold it to

 Culver Baxter of Sacramento.  Baxter is also on the list.

 Baxter then sold the car to Bill Babcock of Portland, OR who is now in the
 process of fitting himself to the car.

 I am copying them on this message as I am sure they would be glad to provide

 additional insights. In fact I think I will copy the whole list as there
 might be some other folks that might want to jump in and share some
 information.

 Baxter also provided me with a great tape of the Peyote at the Monterey
 Historics. I just pulled that tape out and will dupe it for you. The Peyote
 and the Baxter are featured dispatching about three Porsche in fine fashion.

 Baxter also sent me a photo of the car which I mounted on a plaque as a
 roving trophy in memory of your father. Bill Dentinger was the first
 recipient and he passed it along the next year to Glenn Effinger of Florida.

 Glenn is well known as preparer of TR race cars and provides support to
 other
 FOT listers, such as Jeff Snook and Mike Jackson.

 Linda & I will be in your neighborhood late in July as we will be enroute to

 Portland, OR. to see Bill Babcock and to attend the VTR National Convention.

 I'd like to stop and say hello, if you are available. I have never been to
 Steamboat and it looks like a great scenic side trip, in any case.

 Once again, welcome aboard to the list....

 Joe Alexander