fot

Re: Lists, Life and everything

To: rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu, sbarr@mccarty-law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lists, Life and everything
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:33:10 EST
I have his business card with home number and have thought of this, at one
time or another...he did have a TR4 that he started to work on at one time,
but abandoned the project...The TR4 is now here in Cedar Falls.

Peter Egan's column is the only thing I read in R & T, although there seems
to a trend in the sporty car magazine toward the vintage stuff and things
that I might be able to afford.

Who wants to approach Peter?

Joe Alexander

In a message dated 12/10/99 10:11:50 AM Central Standard Time,
rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu writes:

<< At 08:00 AM 12/10/99 -0600, Barr, Scott wrote:
 ><<  Within that issue is a story by Peter Egan.  You know, I bet he has
 >an email address.  He would, I surmise, not be unwelcome here.  Wonder
 >if anyone on this list has *not* heard of him? >>
 >
 >He would most certainly be welcome, IMO.  I've still got stashed away
 >somewhere a story he did about a Lotus Elan which I ripped out of the
 >magazine maybe 10 years ago.  More than any other current writer, he
 >captures the essence of what this old car thing is all about.

 Peter Egan and our own Scott Fisher are among the very few writers
 who really seem to "get it" as far as I'm concerned.  I agree with
 Scott that he'd be a welcome addition, if he were so inclined.

 >And when
 >are we going to see a collection of his work (similar to Denise
 >McCluggage's book "By Brooks Too Broad For Leaping")?

 ...which is another "must have" book for anyone interested in racing
 sports cars of any sort.

 John Lye

 '59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
 email: rjl6n@virginia.edu