fot

RE: FOT list

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FOT list
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:34:01 -0800
If it were not for the human and historic elements, the nostalgia and the
emotional aspects of these cars, then no one would be racing them. We'd all
be in SCCA pushing Neons around. I maintain that the "asides" and
"deviations" from tech specs and tuning how-to are probably more important
than the original technical core intent of the list (which seems to be a
work in progress--at least no one described this stuff to me when I joined
up). It's not as if there's anything new that we're doing to these cars--the
most valued comments of a technical nature come from Kas and folks like him
who first used these cars in anger when they were new.

But the bottom line is, there are less than 200 members, many of whom are
pretty damned quiet. I think it's great to hear technical chatter, race
reports, vintage racing history, and general belly button picking from a
bunch of people who are very like minded about playing with their cars. I
wouldn't change a thing.

Most folks have the ability to automatically filter their email. If there is
content that you don't like, then filter out the sender. If you don't have
that capability, then I'd say before you try to change the list, change your
technology.