fot

Re: Brake pads (turned into part three!)

To: Roger Beasley <beeline@iline.com>
Subject: Re: Brake pads (turned into part three!)
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 20:32:12 -0500
Roger Beasley wrote:

> Leon,
>
> CarboTech is a company located in South Florida and the source of pads and
> shoes for most of the vintage Triumphs that race in the state.  I tried both
> the "Blue" and the "Black" compounds and found them not too forgiving on
> initial application of the brakes.  They had a tendency to lock up on the
> vintage cars due to lack of grip of the narrow, treaded tires as compared to
> the wide slicks run by the current production cars.  CarboTech recommended I
> try their "Gold" compound (probably called that because of the $120+ price).
> The 'Golds" are much more progressive with the same apparent ultimate
> coefficient of friction.  I have been happy with the performance and the
> lack of flat spots on my front tires.
>
> I don't know what recommendation applies to a street vehicle as I always
> warm my brakes on the pace lap of a race or the out-lap of practice, so have
> never seriously tried them "cold".
>
> Roger Beasley
> Cape Coral, Fl

roger, hello and happy new year. you might look at our carbon kevlar
pads on your next go round.  they have good stopping and a ceramic heat
shield between the friction material and pad back to reduce heat
transfer to the caliper.  also our kevlar pads and we can supply hawk as
well.  ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive