fot

TR3 Roll cage or bar for vintage racing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Roll cage or bar for vintage racing
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 22:46:01 EST
I am just finishing prepping my TR3 for the upcoming vintage race season
(yes, I have the MG/Triumph challenge on my tentative schedule already). I am
about to build a cage and was wondering what others have done. What is the
the current thinking of bar versus cage, or some combination of the two in a
Triumph TR? What are the best points to mount it? The rear wheel well looks
stronger than the floor? What about side protection? And, is it as impossible
as it looks to get a front hoop under the dash without butchering the car?
Any thoughts, tips or photos would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Suddard/Publisher/Grassroots Motorsports