fot

RE: TR3 Roll cage or bar for vintage racing

To: GRMTim@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 Roll cage or bar for vintage racing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:13:53 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF55A0.F25154D0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

I did a full cage in my TR3 with a sloping bar to make it look cool. I
anchored the main loop to small projections on the frame, and the rear
steady bars to plates just behind the rear spring mount. I have a loop under
the dash and one bar up each side connecting main loop to dash loop. Then I
have a steady brace that goes from the dash loop to the upper front shock
mount. Makes for a very stiff, fairly heavy car. And a nice warm feeling
when I do something stupid in a turn.

I wouldn't drive a TR3 with a body mounted roll bar anyplace more
challenging than Sunday picnics.