fot

Re: WestCo gel-filled batteries

To: Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu
Subject: Re: WestCo gel-filled batteries
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:50:37 EST
Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu writes:

<< Subj:     Re: WestCo gel-filled batteries
 Date:  04/01/00 05:30:19 GMT Standard Time
 From:  Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu (Bob Jones)
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com
 CC:    triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)

 Guy:
 They seem to be the replacement battery of choice for the Miata (MX5).  As
the
 Miata's battery is in the trunk they have a special need as to size and the
fact
 that it is sealed. These batteries are know for their long life.  They are
about
 $78.00, a little higher than conventional batteries.
 Bob

 GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

 > Have any of you got any experience with the American WestCo gel-filled
 > batteries as sold by Moss over here in the UK?
 > Are they any good?
 >
 > My Lucas battery has started leaking nasty corrosive sulphuric/sulfuric
acid
 > on my beloved Triumph and it HAS TO GO, and soon!!!
 >
 > One fluif I don't want on my car.
 >
 > Léon F Guyot
 >
 > Triumph Sports Six Club
 > International Liaison Secretary
 > 1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
 > Wimbledon, London, England.

Thanks Bob,

On recommendations of other listers, and the fact that they are the exact
correct size for my application, I ordered one today from Moss UK, and they
are 'only' charging (ha ha) 94 GBP (150 USD) for one of these batteries,
which they sell as an MX5 battery.

Thanks again.

Léon