fot

Re: Flags

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Flags
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 21:16:54 -0500
BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 01/07/2000 10:58:29 PM Central Standard Time,
> Catpusher@aol.com writes:
>
> << I have heard reports of Bob T passing AC Cobras down the straight in the
> TR6
>  that now belongs to FOT Bill W
>   >>

> I'm not surprised.  When Bill Warner passed me at Mid-Ohio, I thought I
> stopped, and I tried to get out and see what the matter was.  I must have
> been going ninety.
>
> Bill Dentinger
You guys would have loved Daytona 1998.  I asked my friend, Jack
Baldwin, if he'd like to drive the TR-6, to which he answered a
resounding "Yes".  It was a thrill to see him pass some guy in a Pantera
on the high side of the Daytona banking and lead him all the way through
Turn one, then blow him away in the infield.  It is a great car and a
tribute to the skills of Lanky Foushee and the late Brian Fuerstenau.
The current engine dynos at about 230 HP, but the car just is so easy to
drive.  At Daytona in November with the TR-8, I had the thrill of
passing a few of the "vintage" NASCAR cars at Daytona.  One of the other
drivers came up afterwards and asked me if the TR-8 was a four cylinder
car.  I said, "Yes, two of them".  It, too, is a tribute to the genius
of those two men.  The car is simple and yet effective.  I have yet to
master either.  Bill