fot

Re: Flags

To: wdayton@attglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flags
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 07:41:39 PST
The two flags that were originally chosen for the FOT design were taken from
SCCA sources... Having stood next to a LOT of corner stations (thanks, guys)
to take pictures, I had a good opportunity to check out which I would use.
They are the "faster car approaching" and "oil (or debris) on track flags".
The latter flag was replaced by request with the checkered flag.

For those of you that are interested, the FOT "shield" is blazoned correctly
for medeival heraldry...

Greg Petrolati

>From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
>To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Flags
>Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 21:11:51 +1100
>
>A while back back, there was some discussion about the FOT "emblem".
>Being a bit slow, I finally had a good look, and realised that the
>"passing flag" appears to be a blue flag with a diagonal white stripe.
>It finally dawned on me that, considering I've had that flag waved at me
>more than once, I had never seen it with a stripe.  Referring back to my
>local "bible", it appears that, in Australia, we have replaced it with a
>pure blue flag.  Is this simply an economising effort taken up here in
>the colonies, or is it used anywhere else?
>
>I probably would never have noticed, but now that the FOT symbol is
>proudly displayed on TR3A #29, someone actually asked me about it.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)