fot

Re: THIS JUST IN/ JFK and others So too!!!! Walter Conkrite Terry

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: THIS JUST IN/ JFK and others So too!!!! Walter Conkrite Terry
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:43:41 EST
Saw Donna Mae's "Think Pink" MGB at Road America in the 60s. The car ended up
with   Sanborn of Waterloo.  Later on, former Cedar Falls resident, Ron
McConkey, bought and raced her former Yenko Stinger at Waterford Hills. Ron's
life was nearly cut short at Riverside when he launched his black Jaguar
XK120 Roadster over a 14 foot fence, diring the SCCA Runoffs. The engine out
of that car resides intact in a barn in Waverly, Iowa.

As I remember Donna Mae Mims first marriage did not last after she started
posting faster lap times than her husband.

Hope people do not find this thread offensive and non-relevant.

<< I have the last remains to Donna Mae Mims's TR-3 hidden in the back yard
as a parts car.  Donna Mae was the first women race car driver to win a SCCA
National Championship in the early 60's.  She is still active in the SCCA,
Steel Cities Region Club in Pittsburgh.