fot

RE: More Celebrities who owned TR's

To: "'Paul Richardson'" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More Celebrities who owned TR's
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:37:13 -0600
Paul Richardson wrote:

> The late and great F1 world champion Lotus driver Jim Clark, and his F1
> team mate, and champion of several formulas Trevor Taylor, both started
> their racing careers in TR's.
> . . .
> Trev Taylor is one of my oldest and closest friends and, prompted by the
TR
> driver mail, I've just phoned him for a chat. He asked me to forward his
> best of racing wishes to all the FOT group for 2000. It's a pity Trev is
> not computer minded because he would be a great asset to the group with 30
> years of F3,F2,F1 and sports car experience behind him.

Keep working on him Paul. By chance, I caught a SpeedVision (satellite) tape
of the 1962 French Grand Prix at Rouen the other night. Trevor Taylor was
driving the second Lotus 25 to teammate Clark.

Not a great result for either - Clark dropped out and Trevor spent several
laps and at least one pit stop trying to correct an engine miss. For a while
he could be seen operating the throttle by reaching one hand backward to
work the carb linkage. This race was Dan Gurney's first GP win (Porsche)
after leaders Gurney and G. Hill dropped out.

If TT won't communicate by computer, why don't you bring him over to Road
America or Mid-Ohio this year?

Jim Hill
Madison WI