fot

Fw: The Rouen race

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: The Rouen race
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2000 14:01:11 -0000

-Jim Hill wrote

> of the 1962 French Grand Prix at Rouen the other night. Trevor Taylor was
> driving the second Lotus 25 to teammate Clark.
>
> Not a great result for either - Clark dropped out and Trevor spent
several
> laps and at least one pit stop trying to correct an engine miss. For a
while
> he could be seen operating the throttle by reaching one hand backward to
> work the carb linkage. This race was Dan Gurney's first GP win (Porsche)
> after leaders Gurney and G. Hill dropped out.
>
> If TT won't communicate by computer, why don't you bring him over to Road
> America or Mid-Ohio this year?
Jim

I think that was the race when the throttle cable on Trev's car snapped. He
was operating the throttle over his shoulder by pushing the throttle slide
lever with his fingers.

I'd love to come over to the Redman Challenge this year, and bring Trev
with me but, besides the finance, Trev and I together with the great crowd
I met up with the first time  (You, Alexander, Drews, Kettler, Dunst,
Snook, Wismer, and old DENTIGER and 'SHORT SHORTS' etc) could be dangerous
and end up like a paddock bar version of the 'Alamo'- especially with
Taylor in tow. Mind you he doesn't drink much now - he spills most of it
like Dentinger. By the way we lost dear old great uncle Cedric at the Alamo
- he wasn't actually in the battle he was touring and camping in the next
field and went over to complain about the noise and some bugger shot him.

Paul