fot

Re: Stromberg carb fuel flow

To: sbarr@mccarty-law.com
Subject: Re: Stromberg carb fuel flow
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:17:04 EST
In a message dated 1/24/00 4:08:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sbarr@mccarty-law.com writes:

<<
 But it still refuses to run when cornering, specifically left-handers.
 For those of you familiar with Blackhawk Farms, that means from the
 turn-in between 3A and 4 all the way down to 6, the car runs on 3
 cylinders, if that.  Smells like gas, too.  Also makes the climb from
 turn 5 at Road America less fun than it might otherwise be...

 Maybe I WILL just go to the movies and forget the whole thing (and
 replace them with the Webers)... ;-)

 Scott

Almost immediately after I spent the money to convert to Webers specifically
because of the problem we're discussing, I spoke to Rick Kline, past SCCA
champion, and his comment was "Aww, we solved that problem years ago by
adding another vent hole, the fuel surge covers the vent and no air can get
in."  I swear those words are burned into my memory.  I didn't pursue it but
the truth is there if we can find it....Steve