fot

Re: SU carb fuel flow

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU carb fuel flow
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:45:58 -0800
We did not modify the Strombergs much, but they did give excellant power.
We used them primarly on the GT-6 and made  186 real BHP at 8200 with those
little 1.5" devils.  I did as said before enlarge the needle and seat bore.
As I remember the main problem was getting float height to be high enough to
flow the fuel and low enough to not flow over the jet tube bore.  Also I
remember the fuel pressure to be more particular with the Strombergs. (lower
semed to be better) Also with the GT-6 engines I made we used a velocity
stack that added a nice little 6-8 bhp.  I would pull then off then push
them back into place on the engine dyno as the engine was revving away.  You
could see the needle drop a considerable amount when the stacks were
removed. Not the type as used on the Webers but with a much bigger flair and
a nice rolled edge.  Probably didn't answer your question but .....there you
are.