fot

Re: Racing with overdrives

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, Gt6steve@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing with overdrives
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:47:19 EST
In a message dated 01/25/2000 12:31:38 PM Central Standard Time,
WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

<< Periodically, my OD unit would quit working.  I would take it apart and
find
 nothing wrong, reassemble it, and it would start working again.  Since I
 started using Ams Oil 80W-90 gear lube, I have had no trouble.  I am sure
 that better synthetic oils are now on the market.  >>

Mike Belfer always used KENDALL THREE STAR.  Apparently the two clutches in
the overdrive would each prefer a different weight gear lube.  The KENDALL
THREE STAR was a sort of compromise between the two.  This too, Mike got via
Group 44.

Bill Dentinger