fot

RE: Racing with overdrives

To: "'Bill Sohl'" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>,
Subject: RE: Racing with overdrives
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:01:59 -0500
There is nothing inherently unreliable with the Triumph A-Type overdrive.
 In 24 years of racing with one, I never once had a mechanical failure.  I
was using an overdrive when I won the runoffs in 1990 (just ask Vic
Skirmants!) The only overdrive problems I encountered were electrical - a
bad solenoid, and a short in the wire going to the on-off switch.  (And I
misassembled one to the gearbox one time - but you can't blame that on the
overdrive.)