fot

FOR SALE: Triumph TR 4A Vandervell Factory Bearings Std

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: FOR SALE: Triumph TR 4A Vandervell Factory Bearings Std
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:06:36 -0800
I am selling a set of standard stock Vandervell bearings  on e-bay:

(If an Amici member wins the auction, remind me that you are Amici, and
I will ship for free (domestic) and discounted (foreign) )

This is a set of bearings that I bought from the Triumph Dealer in
     Pasadena, "Peter Satori", back when you could still get parts for a
TR 4A
     from a dealer... in the late 70's, early 80's. The box is shelf
worn, but the
     bearings were coated in cosmoline or something like that, and
wrapped in
     waxy paper, so they're great. They are not marked as Vandervill,
but they
     have small initials on them... "P V"...which after a thread on the
Triumph
     newsgroup was started... a long time back... it was determined that
they
     were, indeed, Vandervill bearings. The plain white box is tagged:
108810
     STD, MAIN BRGS, QTY 3 Pairs, Made in England. The box was sad
looking
     back when I bought them and they've been stored protected ever
since.
     You are bidding on 3 pairs of new Vandervill bearings for the
crankshaft.
     sorry I did not provide photos, but the photos I took came out
blurry and
     it's just not one of those things that needs photos... you all know
what
     bearings look like. I'm sure when the cosmoline is removed, the
bearings will
     be beautiful! Your bid will go to a good cause... hopefully a
motorcycle.
     --Justin

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=246798982