fot

Re: Racing with overdrives

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Racing with overdrives
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:35:04 EST
Amici:

Steve, your points are well taken, especially added weight, but also with all
that added stuff spinning around, more than not it becomes A (if not THE)
weak link in the chain.

In a TR, with a 4:55 rear end (which works great coming out of the corners),
it is damned near a must at tracks like ROAD AMERICA and WATKINS GLEN.  Also,
there is a distinct advantage in corners like FIVE at ROAD AMERICA, to have
that electric shift from 3rd to 3rd OD.  Mike Belfer used to yell at me, but
in the heat of battle, I used to use it 2nd to 2nd OD coming out of five.
Passed a Corvette once doing that.

John Harkness runs that set up, or similar, and he sure goes fast.

However, I have not used overdrive for almost ten years.  Probably go back to
it one of these days.

Bill Dentinger