fot

answers

To: Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: answers
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 02:31:19 EST
In a message dated 1/28/00 12:43:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu writes:

<<  (Of course this may not be a good
 idea if the patch is covering a hole through the suit!) Any validity to this
 advice?

<snip>Well, I am not offering to be part of a human test!

 >I could occasionally use 1st OD for tight
 >corners like the spike at Riverside . . .

 I only raced at Riverside twice in the sixties, but I don't recall "the
 spike". Was this a corner on one of the modified versions of the course
 (which I never ran). . . or just a senior moment on my part?

<snip>Some person(s) in Cal Club decided that the two classic Riverside
courses were not enough.  Sub standard patches were added to the facility,
and existing service bits were used to create at least 13 mutations.  I do
hold the lap record on the spike option, which is not to say that I remember
it fondly.
  One time I found out about a last minute course change a few hours before
leaving for a National at RIR.  I called to tell the club that there was not
time for me to do the required axle, gearbox, and other changes.  Usually we
had good relations with Cal Club.
BTW Running Willow Springs counter clockwise was a trip!

 Jim Hill
 Madison WI >>

<snip> HP