fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:44:57 -0800
Very interesting all the opinions on air filters etc.  In ALL of my  Triumph
cars including the enduro cars we NEVER had an air filter of any kind. I
know, we did do a lot more rebuilds a we were a factory enterprise but I
never found that the rings or pistons were damaged from injesting junk from
the outside.  My Formula 5000 car ran with just a screen over the air inlets
to keep rocks from holding the throttles open and the same with my Can-am
cars and the Indy cars also. With the Nissan Prototype we did have a very
effecient and very LARGE filter because of the turbo primairly.
Interesting, I must admit I was worried a couple times with a driver doing
the "off road" excercises but then too, just another opinion.