fot

VMC failures list

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: VMC failures list
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:48:40 EST
FOT,

Ely Fishkin of VMC has asked Mark Palmer of the MG Vintage Racers to identify
failure modes in the MGs

This sound like it might be a good idea and something that could be posted to
our Website for reference. This would likely be applauded by VSCDA who has a
committee that keeps detailed records on driver incidences, which could be
caused by mechanical failures.

Perhaps Ely will be looking a particular format will let us know.

Now, may I have a volunteer who might be good at spreadsheeting the responses
from the FOT?

Ely, our website is at   http://www.fot-racing.com/  if your interested in
taking a trip to it.

Regards and thanks once again to Mark P.,

Joe Alexander

<< Ely,

 Yes, I'll be glad to help and will send you info on mechanical failures on
 MG's.  I know the MGA's the best, but also have some data on T's, B's, etc.
 Also, I'll solicit info with my newsletter.

 Also -- for Triumphs, you may want to ask Joe Alexander, he's in a group
called Friends of Triumph.  (cc'd on this message)Someone there might
 be able to help with their stuff (fr'instance, stock TR3 steel wheels break
 a lot).

 How do you want me to submit?  I printed out the form from the VMC website,
 but there doesn't appear to be any way to fill out & submit the form on-line
 (or am I missing something?)  I can fill out & fax or mail, let me know.

 Looked at the failures on the VMC website.  Some of the comments under MG
 (MGB, and Sprite/Midget) were old SCCA comments, and had to do with
 acceptable modifications.  I didn't think they were very useful.  But the
 write-ups on current failures within today's vintage clubs were well done
 (mostly on other makes/models).

 Glad you're doing this -- it's really important.  Amazing to me how often
 someone breaks something, and some other driver wanders over and says "oh
 yeah, that happened to me a couple years ago too, I thought eveyone knew
 that was a weak point ..."

 Regards,
 Mark