fot

Fred Opert's address

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fred Opert's address
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2000 15:18:18 -0000
Jack Brooks wanted Fred Opert's address.

I've just been up in the attic Jack (sliding around on two planks so's not
to fall through the roof). I found a very interesting box of papers
INCLUDING FRED OPERT'S ADDRESS.

It was - 171 Route 4, Paramus, New Jersey 07652. It would be interesting to
know if Fred's still in business. Among some of the stuff, I found details
of a trip from NY to Daytona. Three of us drove non stop and changed
drivers by sliding under one another without stopping the car, we did it in
17 hours in a Plymouth  hire car. On the way back we ran into a snow storm
3 hours from Kennedy airport. We just made it before the airport was closed
with 18 foot snow drifts. We were stuck in the airport hotel for 4 days,
nothing could get in or out. After the second day the food ran out and
everyone in the airport lived on scrambled eggs, fried eggs, poached eggs,
eggs on toast, hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs etc etc. Then the bar
went dry, - What a bloody nightmare. - We bribed our way on the first plane
to Europe and had to get back to England via Geneva, and Frankfurt.

I've also found some old racing track notes, and a bunch of letters I'd
better burn before Julia gets back (there's no date on them, and undated
letters can cause ENORMOUS 'domestics'). In fact a pal of mine was divorced
because his wife found a letter from an old girl friend 'undated'. He said
the letter was 20 years old but he couldn't prove it. - I bet old Bill D
will be groveling around up in his attic tonight and 90% of the FOT list -
Ha Ha!!

It's Jack Brooks' fault, but thanks Jack for prompting me to the attic.
I've now packed up work and am surrounded by dusty boxes full of wonderful
memories.

All the best

Paul

letters from my late godfather Raymond Mays and a bunch I'd better burn
before Julia gets home