fot

Re: 'M80's'

To: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'M80's'
From: ed.barnard@na.marconicomms.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:36:10 -0600

Paul:
     I remember this place well from my days stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C. The
actual name of the store was "South of the Border", just south of the N.C. and
S.C. border. "Pedro" was their "mascot"; a huge statue of a Mexican wearing a
sombrero straddling Interstate 95 as it passed through Dillon. You actually
drive under Pedro's crotch as you go down the highway. We would stop there for
fireworks and then bring them back up to New Jersey on weekends where we would
go home to visit family. I believe they advertise themselves as being the worlds
largest fireworks store. The signs were like the old Stuckey's signs; 10 miles
until you get to Pedro; 5 miles until you get to Pedro; you just passed Pedro.
You felt like Pedro was an old friend by the time you got there.
                                         Ed

"Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk> on 02/02/2000 03:49:56 PM

Please respond to "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>