fot

Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'

To: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Subject: Re: South of the Border...was Re: 'M80's'
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:12:54 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

It was funny reading about "bombs in our youths". I also used to do all
sorts of naughty things with M80's, cherry bombs, bottle rockets and fire
crackers.

For example, I could get G.I. Joe to reach an altitude of more than 6
feet with a well placed M80.

All-in-all, I am extremely grateful to have escaped more or less
physically intact and that I never injured anyone else other than the
normal "ringing ears" type of injury in the process.

Interestingly, I never damaged anyone else's property, although that's
pretty much a miracle. Especially when we figured out that a 3/4 inch
metal conduit made a pretty awesome bazooka with bottle rockets or the
occasional 10 oz. rocket.

Anyway, when I was around 15, my mother had a Lincoln Continental... a '66
4-door convertible. We used to drive around in the car with one of my
brothers driving, and in the back seat me on one side, my cousin on the
other side and my girlfriend sitting between us lighting matches as Cuz
and I lit and tossed various types of "bombs" out the windows -
terrorizing neighborhoods, no doubt. Laurie, the girl, would giggle
incessantly while doing this. I have no idea why she giggled so, but the
giggling was contagious.

Fond memories.

Later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |