fot

Re: Kas' slingshot

To: rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu
Subject: Re: Kas' slingshot
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:07:36 EST
Some years ago we bought our TR headers from Doug Robinson's Horsepower
Engineering in  Pasadena Ca. In addition to being a bunch of racers & a little
crazy the guys in the shop got into a Weapons race building large Carbide
cannons. Everything was there. An unlimited supply of steel tube, Aceletene
torches
everywhere & lots of beer. Doug found a piece of thick wall 3" tube about 4'
long
capped it on one end, drilled a touch hole at the tapped end & made Big
Bertha.
The problem was the projectile. Someone found about 3 or 4   2" nuts & put
them
in 2 greased shop towels. They forced it about 2' down the barrel & put an
unlit
torch to the touch hole until the shop towels started to move, then they
exchanged
a lit torch for the one that wasn't. It was just after dark & the huge muzzle
flash
looked like a 155. Everyone stood there stunned & perhaps a little drunk, then
began asking if any one was hurt. A Pasadena police officer told me the next
day that a store front had the big window broken by 3 nuts in greasy shop
towels
 I don't remember how far away but it was some distance away. When every one
sobered up they cut up big bertha & the weapons race was over.

Ken G.