fot

Looking Back

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking Back
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:12:13 EST
The year was 1965. The TR4A with IRS came to the US shores. SCCA would not
approve the car as they said it "was too late".

A very disgusted Competition Director, who currently lives in Orange County,
refused to lie down and give up. He went to work on Plan B.

Well, in 1965:

F Production was won by Brian Fuerstenau in a TR3A.

D ProDuction was won by Steve Froines in a TR4.

D MODIFIED WAS WON BY CHARLIE GATES IN A WELL PREPARED TR4A!

Did I get my few facts right, Mr. K? Is Charlie Gates still around?

Do you care to comment? This has got to be a great story. I just got wind of
this in the last week or so. I wish I had been paying attention then.

Joe A