fot

Re: Looking Back

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Looking Back
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:47:41 -0500
N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

> The year was 1965. The TR4A with IRS came to the US shores. SCCA would not
> approve the car as they said it "was too late".
>
> A very disgusted Competition Director, who currently lives in Orange County,
> refused to lie down and give up. He went to work on Plan B.
>
> Well, in 1965:
>
> F Production was won by Brian Fuerstenau in a TR3A.
>
> D ProDuction was won by Steve Froines in a TR4.
>
> D MODIFIED WAS WON BY CHARLIE GATES IN A WELL PREPARED TR4A!
>
> Did I get my few facts right, Mr. K? Is Charlie Gates still around?
>
> Do you care to comment? This has got to be a great story. I just got wind of
> this in the last week or so. I wish I had been paying attention then.
>
> Joe A
joe, good point.  fyi - just fininshed dinner at woody's (hope jack is
reading this as well)  fot list - just finished working the rolex 24
houurs at daytonma.  great week-end.  a friend finished 6th? in the new
cadillac lemans car and sopme gm guys we used to race against were 2nd
in a corvette. we are now at sebring.  track is "hot" till 11 pm with
several cars running long term tests including aaudi, bmw and the
panoz.  first person in line for the 12 hour sebring race is at the gate
- 35 days ahead of the race.   gotta love this place.  we spent sometime
saturday night in the caddy pits at daytona. what an operation for a
first itme efffort.  kas, not even mike c had this kind of budget
(cough, cough).  ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive