fot

Re: Frame color with Triumph Register Guidelines

To: trhouse@greenapple.com
Subject: Re: Frame color with Triumph Register Guidelines
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:34:21 +0000
I agree with Tom on this issue.  The frame will always
be "correct" in black, but there exists enough anecdoatal
evidence to support the fact that some frames where an
existing body colour.  Indeed it also appears that some
frames may have had some sections that were black and
other sections that have been a body colour.

What I do NOT buy is that any cars (other than show cars as
Tom mentions) were ever deliberately done with frame and body
in matching colors.  Such a process would make no economic
sense and would not render the car as being improved or a better
selling product at the time of production.  TRs were marketed
as a low end cost and such specialized painting would just
make production more expensive...not likly to have
deliberately happened,
and never verified by anyone that has had any experience
with the factory.