fot

Sebring

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sebring
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2000 08:42:23 -0000
Hi Guys

Are any of you going to the Sebring 12 hour 'Anglo American' meeting in
March?

The reason I ask is that an old pal of mine is racing his TVR in the one
hour race.

His name is Tommy 'Fireball' Entwistle. He's leaving England for the race
on March 11th (I suppose the race must be the following W.E. on 17 and
18th). I worked on his TVR's WAY BACK in the  sixties at TVR, and met up
with him last summer (I'm writing my version of the TVR story). Tommy's
quite a celebrity over here, he's been racing his TVR's for about 40 years.
He's 79 now, a delightful guy and a real character. If any of you guys are
going to Sebring, it would be great fun if one of you could parcel up an
old walking stick, with a label on it from me saying 'just to keep you
vertical' and present it to him at the meeting (when everyone's looking).
You can spot Tommy anywhere - he's a good looking guy (like Damdinger) -
with an 'RAF' moustache (he was a fighter pilot in WW2, got shot down over
France and escaped).

Cheers

Paul