fot

Racetorations hubs

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racetorations hubs
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:58:24 -0000

Roger wrote----------
> From: Roger Beasley <beeline@iline.com>
> To: Barr, Scott <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>; 'fot@autox.team.net'
> Subject: Re: The Hub of the Issue
> Date: 16 February 2000 22:41
>
> FOTers,
>
> I am still puzzled by the reply of Darryl Uprichard, owner of
> Racetorations, a Triumph tuner in England, regarding hub and axle
failures.
>  He seemed surprised we here in the states were having problems.
Although
> they were running 8" wheels and slicks on some TR's, they weren't
> experiencing failures.  I was so surprised that I forgot to pursue the
> subject with him to see if he had any possible explanation.

Hi Roger

Darryl  has been using a special rear hub for the TR6's he prepares which
he had designed by Cosworth - which virtually doubles the size of the stub
axle- He has no problems with his new hub and has been using it for some
four or five years now I think.

He's also using special hubs of some sort for GT6's (the GT6 hub being less
beefy than the 6's).

For my 'two pennorth' I suppose the majority of the problem over here is
that I can't think of anyone that supplies new TR6/GT6 rear hubs ex stock
apart from Darryl  (is this the same in the States?). It follows that most
people probably buy second hand ex - production hubs, crack test them and
then use them for racing - with no knowledge of the stress they've already
digested, - then they are expected to take the increased stresses of racing
in '2000'.

Knowing Darryl, he would operate under the same policy as Kas ie change
stressed or doubtful parts regularly.

If any of you want to know more, direct from the horses mouth, Darryl's
e-mail address is >darryl@racetorations.co.uk<  - he's bound to have a
parts list.

Paul