fot

Front disc brakes

To: fot@autox.team.net, jwheeler@seidata.com
Subject: Front disc brakes
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:32:55 EST
To add slightly to Jack's fine advice:

Run soft pads and check them for taper  wear, as the calipers flex.

Lanky at GP44 did come up with this parts match, but the hubs that they ran
used larger stub axles and bearings.

 Mac Tilton told me that the hubs that he made were first done for an
actor/driver
 who went by his PLN initials.  This fine chap financed the development of the
Tilton hubs. (see and believe the thread about low volume parts cost)
The Tilton hubs also add 0.6" to the track (per side), but the design
does make the standard bearings work OK.  I have many races on this setup.
If these hubs are still available, I have a few more tips about them.
Hardy Prentice