fot

Re: Small bearing 1296 Spitfire engine

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Small bearing 1296 Spitfire engine
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:49:21 -0800
-To the best of my knowledge the factory never issued a special piston for
any engine. I am certain I would have heard of this modification had it been
a factory involved fitting.  Sound much like a piston froma after-market
source. It might be that this piston was readily available from local
sources at the time of the cars repair schedule ( rebuilt time).I have also
never heard of any special oiling problem with that engine.  It was probably
one of the strongest TRIUMPH engines ever produced.---- Original
Message -----