fot

Re:

To: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re:
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:10:00 -0700
John,
You're getting a bit picky in your old age, don't you think???  :)

I didn't say Triumph "Car" connection, only "Triumph Connection"! (and
that according to the cited book).  The actual passage states, "The
major redeeming feature was its engine, 2548cc V-eight producing a sweet
140bhp.  Designed by Edward Turner - famed for his Triumph motorcycle
engines - this smooth, torquey free revving engine with its
hemispherical combustion chambers and twin SU carburettors could power
the unlovely but fairly light SP250 to 125mph (201kph).

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer