fot

Race Schedule

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Schedule
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:27:08 -0800
Listers,
 The 2000 race schedule for the Volvo Historic Series (VHS) has been
finalized,but not yet published.   The VHS is a race series for pre 1973
cars, that is sponsored primarily by Volvo, and run by the Northern New
Jersey SCCA (NNJR).  There are four classes based on displacement;
class 1-under 1300cc, class 2- 1300 to 2000cc (but also includes TR3 and
TR4 to  2138cc), class 3- 2000 to 3000cc, and class 4-over 3000cc.  I
have run in the series for the last 2 years, and found it to be well
run.  Although it is SCCA, rubbing sheet metal, and leaning on others to
get through a corner, is severely frowned upon, and is not tolerated.
     Cars must be "neat and clean", and they must meet, or at least come
close to meeting current SCCA safety specs.  Cars can have flared
fenders air dams, etc. The VHS does require certain graphics and sponsor
stickers on the car, and all cars must be on any DOT tire  (Hoosier,
Goodyear, BFG , DOT roadrace tires are all Ok).
The schedule as of now, (but may be subject to change), is as follows:
  a.. May 6    Nelson Ledges
  b.. May 20/21    Pocono(double)
  c.. June 24/25    Pocono(single)
  d.. July 1+3    Lime Rock (no racing on Sunday the 2nd)
  e.. July 29/30   Watkins Glen
  f.. Aug. 11/12   Lime Rock
  g.. Aug 26/27    New Hampshire International
  h.. Sept. 16/17   Watkins Glen (double)
The races are all as one race group, as part of an SCCA race weekend.
There is a points system based on your best 6 out of the 10 races.
    I can go on and on, but if any one would like more info feel free to
contact me.  I can also put you in touch with the series organizers.
     I will be racing my TR3 in the Series this year in class 3.
Regards, Joe