fot

Re: Points deductions, concours

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Points deductions, concours
From: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:22:46 -0500 (EST)
There is a classified advertisement on the web site of a major North
American Triumph Club (whose VTR initials I won't mention here) for a
Spitfire: some $25k invested, selling for $10k. Owner "brags" about the
OEM top not being down since installed.

Contrast this to a buddy of mine who owns a '68 TR250 and a '72 MkIV
Spitfire. In the past five years, I've installed both new tops and new
tonneau covers on both cars for him. Those tops both have probably
remained DOWN far more than up since installed, and the tonneaus get a
fair amount of use in place of the tops. But then my friend, as nicely
as he (with my help) tries to maintain them, are driven a lot.

It's all what you're "into" I guess. But then I suppose we're all
"preaching to the choir" here, aren't we? :-)

--Andy