fot

Flywheel

To: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:06:32 -0700
I have flywheels for both the 1296 (small journal) and 1500 engines and
was comparing the two to determine if I could have them lightened and
see which is the one to use on my 1296 engine.

I noticed while the clutch surface is larger on the 1500 flywheel, so
are the bolt holes.  If I use this (or an aluminum one of that size) It
appears that I will either have to have the crankshaft holes enlarged or
fill the oversize holes with shims.

I would rather go with the larger clutch for obvious reasons but don't
know which way to go.

What are the experiences of others on the list concerning the flywheel
issue.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
--