fot

A modest proposal

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: A modest proposal
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:12:36 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF8D0F.55D6A0C0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

I enjoy all of you folks, but sometimes you do seem a little silly. I just
read at least ten messages attempting to assert rules of content in an
assemblage that isn't supposed to have rules. Besides the oxymoronic element
of a spate of useless messages about useless messages, it's just plain not
polite to tell other adults engaged in a conversation what they should say.
It kind of sounds to me like we're in danger of not hearing more from Jonmac
and Kas. I've found their contributions far more helpful and useful than the
fifteenth posting on how thick a figure eight gasket should be.

So here's the proposal part. Anyone posting anything non-technical might add
NT to the beginning of the subject line. Then any purists can simply delete
the email without wasting time reading it.

And to avoid polluting the list with replies to this posting, you can either
start doing that (and don't bother agreeing), or choose not to (and don't
bother disagreeing), or tell me to piss up a rope with a personal response.

Bill