fot

Re: Longer Lug Studs

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Longer Lug Studs
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:24:31 -0500
At 11:01 AM 3/16/00 -0400, Bob Lang wrote:
>There's also ARP, although I have no part number references for them.
>John Lye' uses the ARP studs, but he's got a TR4 and they are closer to
>the "GM brake drum application" than the TR6 is. I think.

The 1/2" ARP studs that I used on the TR-4 axle are the ones that are
threaded all the way to the end and come in from the back.  The look
like big allen head bolts with a turned down "starter" thread at the
end.  They are designed for aftermarket axles, like Strange or similar.
I can get part numbers if anyone is interested, but my ARP catalog is
at home.  I'm also using ARP studs on my new axle, but since that has
Speedway hubs, the part numbers are probably not relevant here.

Later,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu