fot

MESSY BUSINESS

To: TRIUMPH FRIENDS <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: MESSY BUSINESS
From: Peter Gerald Cahill <petergcahill@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:39:24 -0500
Dear Friends

You don't hear from me too often, but I take genuine pleasure in reading
the many  Triumph messages that come down the line. I'm the third of the
three ENGLISH musketeeers...yes, I know you thought they were French - like
garlic,wine and Rugby football. You hear regularly from my  dear old
stepfather - the one with the damaged foot - Jonmac  and  my great uncle
-twice removed- Great Uncle Paul, but please don't judge me by the company
I keep. Come to think of it I know Mike Cook and Kas pretty well- I know
you that you will not hold that against me. Thinking of Kas, I must tell
you some time about the football game in L.A. and the party we attended in
New York and teaching him to eat with a knife......... and fork on his
first trip to the UK.  Of great days with RT and Group 44 ... when will
Microsoft learn that they have 44 written the wrong way round.

Recent days remind me of our feelings when Triumph was going through the
death throes. Somebody much younger than I , this morning commented on how
horrendous the BMW / Rover affair had become...expressing an opinion that
the extermination of Triumph  could not have been nearly so bad. As one who
at two and half years of age 'raced' his  first home built pedal car
bearing a Triumph badgeof the world( ex Triumph Super Seven) and was
fortunate to have worked for the company for some time I corrected his
impressions and on behalf of us all pointed out that its a part of motoring
history that still hurts. So whatever happens to the Triumph marque name as
a result of this latest business fiasco - soldier on and keep the Triumph
flag flying. I'll be joining Leon Guyot at the dedication of the new
Triumph monument - hopefully my dear old stepfather and my great uncle Paul
will buy both of us a drink ....they are both fabulously rich you know. On
your behalf we will say hello to all of the old Triumph stalwarts that we
meet and tell them that their labours of love are in the hands of proud.
often forgiving, but above all ... caring owners.