fot

Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary

To: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Subject: Re: Autopower roll bar tests - Summary
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:03:54 -0800
I wasn't following this thread before... so I don't even know the original
question... but guessing...   I had put a  lot of thought into putting a roll
bar
in my TR 4A... though I still have not done it...   but just a thought here....
is a compromise between the two.... BEEF up the frame, by welding sections to
the
frame,underneath the body, that will accept mounting bolts fromthe frame
above...

Theory being...  A.  the frame steel is rather delicate/thin.   B.  The
footprint
of the frame is rarely completely clear of obstruction... so very often one only
ends up bolting through it with a couple  bolts or in a weak configuration,
etc...

Anyways... you get the idea.    I'm all for being able to unbolt the roll bar...

A welder at a shop I used to work out...  who has done underwater welding on oil
derricks, etc.... (trained and licensed up the kazoo!) recommended minimum 1
3/4", "WELDABLE" Chrome Moly 41-30 steel.

--Justin