fot

Re: U joint Troubles...

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: U joint Troubles...
From: "David C. Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:14:31 -0500
Nick :
        I'm building a  spair axel assembly for my EP TR-6. and just picked
up the u-joint today.   The Joint you need is actually a conversion form a
Chevy to a Ford. NAPA #319. The Chevy side is held in place with the clips
(NAPA # 380-10 and includes the 5/16 bolts).
        The Ford end is held in place with sir clips on the inside of the TR
yoke.  The only machining I had to do was to face off the inside of the yoke
so the clip would sit square and (this was the tricky part)  open up the
hole so there was a .001" press fit for the cap.
        BTW, I'm in need of a pair of TR yokes, myself.  If any one happens
to have a set drop me a line.
        Good
                David Wingett