fot

RE: Memories of transmission vibration (Very high-tech!!)

To: "'paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk'" <paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Memories of transmission vibration (Very high-tech!!)
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:58:22 -0500
Paul, another question for you on vibration.  As I mentioned in my notes to
Joe, a heavy weighted steel object was strapped to the back of the
transmission tail shaft, I believe beginning with the introduction of the
TR-4A.  I had always heard (or maybe just assumed) that it was some kind of
vibration damper.  Could this have been part of the effort to reduce
vibration in the mid sixties?  I have always removed them on the cars that
I have driven/raced without any apparent problem.  Am I missing out on
something?  Thanks.