fot

Re: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2

To: greenery@gte.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:55:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/00 5:42:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, greenery@gte.net
writes:

<< On left hand turns, especially long sweepers, the engine cuts out and will
resume running as soon as I straighten the
wheel out.>>

As I mentioned before to someone's similar question:  The same problem
happened to me three different times in the past, and my installed fuel pumps
at the time also checked out to be adequate on flow and pressure.  Each time,
I corrected the problem by trying another fuel pump (after wasting much time
blaming the problem on ignition malfunctions).  I now carry an extra new
electric fuel pump with me so that I will no longer have to struggle on a
mechanical pump at the track.

This suggestion may be worth a try, but I also realize that fuel line
blockages can starve the engine.