fot

Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2

To: <fot-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire with Weber Problem-Round 2
From: "Vince De Palma" <greenery@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:40:04 -0700
The last time I raised this subject I received a wealth of helpful
racing a highly  modified 1147 Spitfire with a 40DCOE Weber carb.  It has
exhibited a strange problem.  On left hand turns, especially long sweepers,
the engine cuts out and will resume running as soon as I straighten the
wheel out.  I have checked inside the fuel tank and fixed a few suspicious
air leaks in the fuel line but the problem persists.  Anyway I have snuck a
peek at the fuel pressure gauge when the problem is occurring and the carb
is receiving full pressure, so the problem is downstream of the fuel tank,
pump, etc.
My racer friends tell me that Webers don't do these kinds of things - so
where does that leave me?  It could be ignition but I've checked everything
there too.
vince de palma
yellow spitfire #73