fot

RE: Overdrive Prep

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Overdrive Prep
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:36:12 -0500
Since we're talking about overdrives anyway . . .

I'm wondering about the "correct" way to disengage a TR overdrive when
braking for a corner.

   Just switch off the overdrive while braking?
   Switch off the OD while slightly reducing braking force to make sure that
the extra drag on the rear wheels doesn't lock them up?
   Heel and toe and put in the clutch like any other downshift?
   Other?

I've never driven an OD equipped race car before last year and, having
driven my TR6 w/OD in only two races so far, I'm still experimenting . . .
might be better off if I started with some expert advice.

Thanks,

Jim Hill
Madison WI