fot

Re: Overdrive Prep

To: thefryes@iconn.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Prep
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:21:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/00 4:55:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
thefryes@iconn.net writes:

<< Does the shimming procedure Bill discusses apply
 here? Do we shim both springs? They aren't going to bind? Anyone know where
 I can get some new accumulator springs? >>

Hi Henry,

These are good questions.  I never got into any of these issues.  When I
modified my OD unit in the 70's and started using Ams Oil gear lube in the
transmission, I never had any further trouble with the OD unit.  It was
transferred onto at least five different TR-3 transmissions when the housings
would crack.

I was finally able to buy a TR-4 OD transmission from Jack Wheeler, and used
it for the last few years.  I never looked to see what Jack may have done
with his OD unit, though it worked very well.  His transmission got damaged
with the last explosion at the Cumberland Race at the Connelsville Airport,
and I haven't had time to try to fix it yet.

Maybe our friends across the drink can shed some light on the above questions.