fot

Re: Bolt Torquing

To: beeline@iline.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bolt Torquing
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:11:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/00 6:36:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
beeline@iline.com writes:

<< After seeing your reference to stock rods, I am reminded of my experience
 the first time I ran my TR4 on the same day I purchased it.  One of the rods
 let go as I was leaving the grid at less than 4000 RPM.  It really did a
 number on the engine as I was only able to reuse the intake manifold, carbs,
 distributor and water pump.  The rest was either bent or broken entirely.

Thanks for the input, Roger.  I certainly can identify with your above
paragraph, since I have blown up so many engines over the past 35 year that I
could never begin to remember how many.  Most of the blowups were broken
rods, broken rod bolts, and bearing spins.  I bought my Carillo rods so long
ago that I forgot where they came from.  Any recommendation?  They finally
worked their way into my most recent engine.

"I have eleven race weekends on the bearings and it is just now indicating a
need to
renew them."  What kind of engine oil are you using?

Are you the famous Mr. Beasley who refuses to climb out of your car and fall
into your rocking chair, like Mr. Carmichael and Colonel Hauser?  Those guys
are my inspiration.  I have not had a lot of success with my TR-3, but I am
very grateful that I have been able to participate for such a long a time
period.