fot

Re: Decal Status

To: brooks@belcotech.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Decal Status
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 01:06:07 EDT
Jack....decals missed the E Ticket Trailer at the British Extravaganza by two
days. Drat. But we race again in three weeks and the decals look great!!

The good news was that I was lucky enough to have Kas Kastner as my passenger
for a few 'controled' laps of the track at noon time at last weeks Moss
Motors and Chrysler sponsored Bristish Extravaganza. (Again, it was my
pleasure Kas. Next time take the keys yourself and have a bit of real
fun...that's an open invitation and my car is one of the few with an
adjustable driver's seat as your legs are a bit longer than mine.....and that
offer to find a car and help build one 'your way' still stands from the whole
"E Ticket Team").

I'll try to get a pict or two to the FOT picture site Mordy as soon as I get
a chance to develop them (I'm beginning to appreciate the whole digital
camera deal).

The E Ticket Team was in force at Buttonwillow last week and while everyone
drove them on the trailer Sunday the weekend was fraught with MG demons.....a
couple of spectacular spins off course (including your's truly)....fuel pump
sputters....broken rocker studs....failed rear hubs....leaking fuel floats
and more.

But it was a great outing for the E Ticket Team and friends;
    Frank Daley's black ''64 TR4,
    John Frymark's white '67 TR4A,
    Vince DePalma's yellow '64 Spitfire,
    Joe Dickerson's red '57 TR3,
    Steve Smith's Red '67 GT6,
    Steve Timberlake's white '69 GT6 (First place in class!!),
    Paul Smock's '66 TR4A
    (my) Bill Burroughs '65 TR4A
    Warwick Bryan's '67 GT6
    Bill Manning's '64 Spitfire
    Wayne Blasman's '67 Spitfire
    Alan Mizutani's '67 Spitfire

And that was just in the 54 car field of EP!! Another  8 Spitfire friends
played in F Production and Bobbie Cee chased the speed freaks in B
Production!! Add the four  Triumph cousin Morgans and that made a nice round
25 Triumphs in the MG-Triumph challenge race.

The challenge was tied in # of years won and this year it was the MG's turn
to shine (But due to Triumph attrition I'm afraid to say, as the two or three
fastest cars (all Triumphs) , spun or broke......while leading by a wide
margin!!

But you gotta finish to win.....so the crown this year went to the Marque
that was sold for 10 pounds sterling last week.If the cars are that cheap,
the parts must be free!! No wonder they're so fast....smile.Serious
congratulations to the winners tho.

All told tho, the FOT boys (and girls) had great fun. Hope to see you at the
race in Temecula Kas. We'll email as we get closer.

Smiles and cheers.
Bill Burroughs, #195 '65 TR4A IRS
E Ticket Triumphs

In a message dated 5/12/00 8:32:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,